Whereas the Board of Directors wishes to have input and assistance from homeowners in conducting the business of the Forest Hill Association.
- Be it further resolved, that each committee shall have up to 15 members, all of whom shall be members of the FHA, but that all FHA members may attend any committee meeting of interest to them.
- Be it further resolved, that the President of the board shall appoint one board member to each Advisory Committee.
- Be it further resolved, that each committee shall choose its own chair, who shall not be the designated board appointee.
- Be it further resolved, that all Advisory Committee meetings shall be announced and publicized on the FHA website, e-mail tree, and kiosk at least one week before their occurrence.
- Whereas the Forest Hill Association currently has only one ad hoc active advisory committee, the Kitchen Committee.
Therefore be it resolved that the Board of Directors establishes the following seven Advisory Committees:
To develop a full range of community activities.
To review the historic and current architectural standards of the FHA, and to advise the Board regarding acceptable methods it may use to encourage high quality construction and renovation of homes within the association.
To review all new exterior construction for conformance with FHA regulations, assist homeowners with presentation of their proposal to the FHA Board of Directors, and the San Francisco Planning Department.
To maintain/repair our Clubhouse utilizing the expertise of our homeowners when possible and arranging for outside contractors when necessary.
To help the board provide timely and informative information to members such as through the FHA email distribution list and quarterly newsletter.
The Finance Committee is responsible for the following activities during the year:
- Meet, discuss, and propose an annual fiscal year budget to the Board
- Propose and update as necessary a Five Year Capital Budget including Reserve Fund targets
- Review monthly financial reports distributed by Treasurer
- Review annual tax returns prepared by our CPA
- Initiate a Reserve Fund Analysis and Update at appropriate intervals
- Analyze and make recommendations for key financial issues as they arise
Governance & Legal
To assist the board in making decisions about legal and governance issues, including framing them for review by outside experts, and to provide assistance in identifying such experts where necessary.
To review current Bylaws, CC&Rs, Board procedures, and recommend changes needed to bring them into compliance with relevant California law.
To recommend changes to By-laws and procedures that will improve openness and homeowner participation in the governance of the association.
The Infrastructure Committee advises the Board of Directors about structural needs in the neighborhood such as lighting, utility lines, roadways, public stairways, and advocates to homeowners, the City, or Utilities when improvements are needed. Meetings are held as necessary.
Trees & Landscapes
To advise the board on appropriate maintenance of all common landscaping, both hardscape and softscape, including the maintenance and replacement of trees prior to their becoming hazardous, but not including the public stairways.
To promote active engagement with homeowners regarding FHA landscape planning on each street affected.
NOTICE TO HOMEOWNERS
- The Summer Tree Pruning Plan will be published August and the Winter Tree Pruning Plan will be published in January.
- You can view the plan by address or view by tree tag number.
- We encourage Forest Hill homeowners to review the pruning plan under the Tree Care & FAQ section here.
- It helps to have your tree tag number when you contact us for any tree issues.
- If you have concerns or questions, please contact Diane Wara, Landscape Committee Chair & Andrew Sparks, Landscape Committee Co-chair.